Anytime, Anywhere. And apparently any weight.
Donald Cerrone has charmed hardcore fans a long while with his fearless sense of participation inside the cage year after year. Not even one month shy of his title bout with Rafael dos Anjos, where “Cowboy” was stopped inside the first round, Cerrone has already lined up his next big challenge, and it will happen this time at 170 pounds as Cerrone will face welterweight prospect Tim “Dirty Bird” Means in the main event of UFC Fight Night 82 in Pittsburgh.
Prior to losing his chance at becoming the UFC lightweight champion last month, Cerrone (28-7, 15-4 UFC) was on an 8-fight winning streak that saw him beat the likes of Evan Dunham, Edson Barboza, and former lightweight champion Benson Henderson. Cerrone has never fought at welterweight throughout his nearly 10 year career.
Tim Means (25-7-1, 7-4 UFC) had himself a busy and profitable 2015 as well, fighting four times and amassing a 3-1 record with his lone loss coming to welterweight contender Matt Brown. Most recently Means is coming off a sensational knockout victory against John “Doomsday” Howard. Means also started 2015 off excitingly with a knockout victory against Dhiego Lima. Means will certainly look to start off 2016 in similar fashion.
UFC Fight Night 82 takes place on Feb. 21st at the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh. The card so far is as follows:
- Donald Cerrone vs. Tim Means
- Cody Garbrandt vs. John Lineker
- Sarah Moras vs. Lauren Murphy
- Derek Brunson vs. Roan Carneiro
- Chris Camozzi vs. Joe Riggs
- Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Brandon Thatch
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Anthony Hamilton
- Shane Campbell vs. James Krause
- Alex Garcia vs. Sean Strickland
- Trevor Smith vs. Leonardo Augusto Guimaraes
- Daniel Sarafian vs. opponent TBA
- Bryan Barberena vs. Jonavin Webb
Photo Credit: MMA Fight Night Live