Two fast-rising up and coming Flyweights will meet up for one intriguing match-up at UFC Fight Night 85 in Brisbane next month.
The UFC announced Wednesday that Justin Scoggins will be making the quick turn around against Ben Nguyen at the March event.
Scoggins (11-2, 4-2 in UFC), not even a week ago, registered the biggest win of his career last Saturday at UFC Fight Night 82 when he defeated then-ranked Ray Borg in a fast paced match-up that saw Scoggins apply diverse pressure on the feet, on the ground, and in the clinch across the span of three rounds against the highly touted Jiu-Jitsu ace. Scoggins also spread a hot message to his division during his in-cage post fight interview promising all the fans watching that he will fight for the UFC Flyweight title before the years end. Scoggins’ other wins inside the Octagon thus far include Richie Vaculik, Will Campuzano, and Josh Sampo.
South Dakota native Ben Nguyen (14-5. 2-0 in UFC) will fight for the third time straight in his adopted home of Australia. Nguyen, who signed with the UFC last year made his debut at UFC Fight Night 65 in Adelaide, winning via first-round TKO against Alptekin Ozkilic. He followed this performance up at UFC 193 last November with a first-round submission over Ryan Benoit in Melbourne.
UFC Fight Night 85 takes place at Brisbane Entertainment Centre in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia on March 20th. The event is scheduled to air on Fox Sports 1 and the card is now as is now as follows:
- Mark Hunt vs. Frank Mir
- Hector Lombard vs. Neil Magny
- Steve Bosse vs. James Te Huna
- Alan Jouban vs. Brendan O’Reilly
- Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Daniel Kelly
- Seo Hee Ham vs. Bec Rawlings
- Johnny Case vs. Jake Matthews
- Viscardi Andrade vs. Richard Walsh
- Ross Pearson vs. Abel Trujillo
- Chad Laprise vs, Alan Patrick
- Mark Eddiva vs. Daniel Hooker
- Rin Nakai vs. Leslie Smith
- Ben Nguyen vs, Justin Scoggins