Photo Credit: MMA Fight Night Live
Two extraordinary international talents will compete in the UFC’s first trip to the Netherlands.
Rising Welterweight contenders Gunnar Nelson and Albert Tumenov are set to battle at UFC Fight Night 87 which will be headlined by a Heavyweight bout between Holland native Alistair Overeem and Andrei Arlovski.
Nelson (14-2-1, 5-2 in UFC) is coming off a tough loss to Welterweight contender Demian Maia, a loss that handed him only his second in the promotion. Prior to this loss, Nelson submitted popular up-and-comer Brandon Thatch and holds three other submission victories in the UFC already in his five victories inside the Octagon.
Tumenov (17-2, 5-1 in UFC) is riding a 5-fight winning streak that includes wins over Matt Dwyer, Alan Jouban, and most recently Lorenz Larkin in an ultra-competitive three round affair. Tumenov has finished three of five wins by way of knockout, highlighting the obvious differential is skillsets between the two men. No co-main event has been seet for this event but this fight could potentially end up in that slot.
UFC Fight Night 87: Overeem vs. Arlovski takes place on May 8th and will take place in Rotterdam, Netherlands at the Ahoy Rotterdam arena. The card thus far looks as such:
- Alistair Overeem vs. Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski
- Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva vs. Stefan “Skyscraper” Struve
- Gunnar “Gunni” Nelson vs. Albert “Tiger” Tumenov
- Nikita Krylov vs. Francimar Barroso
- Chris Wade vs. Rashid Magomedoov
- Yan Cabral vs. Reza “Mad Dog” Madadi
- Magnus “Jyken” Cedenblad vs. Garreth Mclellan
- Peter Sobotta vs. Dominic Waters