UFC on Fox:22 was a great card. Lets review the card, the performance bonus winners and the reported pay outs.
- Paige VanZant VS Michelle Waterson:
This fight didn’t last long. There wasn’t very many exchanges, Michelle Waterson landed a nice throw on Paige, got her to the ground and put her in a dominant position. Waterson locked in the choke, it was apparent that the choke was deep and that Paige was in big trouble. Paige refused to tap and was choked out. Waterson won the fight by rear naked choke at 3:21 seconds into the first round.
- Sage Northcutt VS Mickey Gall:
This was a good fight, Mickey proved he is here to stay. He got a take down pretty early in the first round. Put Sage in some tough positions, Sage managed to get back to his feet. The second round starts out with some action, Sage lands a good shot, cuts Mickey open. Not long after they both exchange blows, Mickey’s shot drops and hurts Sage. Instead of going for some ground and pound Mickey goes for the transition and the choke.
Mickey Gall wins this fight by rear naked choke at 1:40 into the second round. after the fight Mickey Gall called out Dan Hardy. Mickey is a fighter on the rise and announced after that fight that he was going down to lightweight, saying that he easily makes 170 and believes he can be a champion in two years at lightweight.
- Brad Pickett VS Urijah Faber:
This was Urijah Faber’s farewell fight and he delivered. Faber dropped Brad Pickett early in this first round. It looked like he would get the finish. Besides the low calf kicks and a punch in the third round that stumbled Faber, Brad Pickett had little offense. This fight was all Uriah. What a great way to go out, in front of his home town fans in Sacramento California. Faber won this fight by decision.
We know what’s next for Faber, he’s going into retirement. The question is what’s next for Brad Pickett? Brad is now 1-5 in his last Six UFC fights. We have seen fighters get cut with winning records inside the octagon.
- Mike Perry VS Alan Jouban:
In this fight we saw Alan Jouban come away with a decision victory. Both fighters went hard and had their moments but in the end Alan Jouban did more and took the decision victory. That puts Jouban on a 3 fight winning streak and should earn him a step up in competition.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
Fight of the Night: Leslie Smith vs. Irene Aldana
Performance of the Night: Michelle Waterson and Paul Craig
Here is the reported pay outs for the event.
- Michelle Waterson: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) def. Paige VanZant: $43,000
- Mickey Gall: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Sage Northcutt: $60,000
- Urijah Faber: $320,000 (includes $160,000 win bonus) def. Brad Pickett: $40,000
- Alan Jouban: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus) def. Mike Perry: $14,000
- Paul Craig: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Luis Henrique da Silva: $14,000
- Mizuto Hirota: $34,000 (includes $28,000 win bonus) def. Cole Miller: $33,000
- Colby Covington: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus) def. Bryan Barberena: $20,000
- Alex Morono: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) def. James Moontasri: $16,000
- Josh Emmett: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus) def. Scott Holtzman: $17,000
- Leslie Smith: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) def. Irene Aldana: $12,000
- Eddie Wineland: $58,000 (includes $29,000 win bonus) def. Takeya Mizugaki: $39,000
- Hector Sandoval: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Elvis Mutapcic: $12,000
- Sultan Aliev: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Bojan Veličković: $12,000